Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

25 And Counting



Whitney's 25th Anniversary Bundle
12:00PM ET November 23, 2009
Contributor : Eddie "Spotlight" Yancey, III
A Rocky Williform Company

25 And CountingEverybody is familiar with the somewhat rocky legacy of Whitney Houston. Back in the days of The Bodyguard and Waiting to Exhale, Whitney was iconic. Her voice was so stunning that it gave everyone who listened to her goosebumps. That rise to prominence soon came to an abrupt halt, as her abusive relationship with Bobby Brown to her alleged drug usage put a huge dent in her legacy.


Out to prove her critics wrong, she came out strong with her recent album I Look to You, which gave Whitney her best sales for an opening week out of any of her previous CD's. The album has been certified Gold and received positive views. Although she has had a few iffy spots, such as her performance on Good Morning America back in September, her comeback has been pretty stable.


Marking her 25th Anniversary in music, Whitney Houston and Arista Records/Legacy Recordings will release Whitney Houston: 25th Anniversary Edition CD/DVD bundle package on Tuesday, January 19, 2010. The bundle, which is a remastered version of her 1985 self-titled classic, will include extra tracks, exclusive new interviews, and a DVD of some of her most historical music videos.


The digitally remastered album will include five bonus tracks which includes a live performance of "Greatest Love of All" as well as her a cappella recording of "How Will I Know." The CD will also feature her television debut of her singing "Home" as well as four legendary music videos from Whitney. Also included with the package is a personal letter from Whitney that states, "I cannot believe it has been 25 years since my first album! I could never have done this without the support, encouragement and unconditional love from my fans all over the world. I love you all!"


It’s definitely great to see Whitney Houston back recording. Although her sound may have changed a bit, her passion for music is still there. The "Most Awarded Female Artist of All Time" according to the Guinness Book of World Records is showing that she can withstand all of the trials she has had to overcome. She looked lovely at the American Music Awards last night.


Whitney Houston: 25th Anniversary Edition CD/DVD Tracklisting


DISC 1 - CD

You Give Good Love

Thinking About You

Someone For Me

Saving All My Love For You

Nobody Loves Me Like You Do

How Will I Know

All At Once

Take Good Care Of My Heart

Greatest Love Of All

Hold Me (Duet With Teddy Pendergrass)


BONUS TRACKS

Thinking About You (Remix by Bruce Forest)

Someone For Me (Remix by Alan Coulthard)

How Will I Know (A cappella)

How Will I Know (Remix by Jellybean)

Greatest Love Of All (Live)



DISC 2 - DVD

"Home" - Whitney Houston's premiere performance on the Merv Griffin Show

"You Give Good Love" (promo music video)

"Saving All My Love" (promo music video)

"How Will I Know" (promo music video)

"Greatest Love Of All" (promo music video)

Interviews with Whitney Houston and Clive Davis on Whitney Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment